Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Faizal Fazri Othman


I chanced upon this news about one month plus ago when I was buying bananas, en route my morning exercise. I was shock beyond belief.

Faizal Fazri Othman, 15 yo boy was found locked in a very dirty room filled with feces and rubbish. The room had only one pillow and a wheel chair. He is emaciated, wearing only a decayed top with no trousers. He could not walk.


I cried when I viewed the video. How could possibly any mother do such thing to her own child?Beats me. 

The press interviewed her. She was defensive and has no sense of remorse.

In her defense, she said it’s hard to care for a sick child and she is the sole breadwinner. 

He suffered cerebral palsy since birth.   To care for a sickly is not easy. Allah creates this entire test so that the caretaker would be on a highway to heaven during judgment day. But this privilege only applies to those who are patient and care for the sickly the best of their ability.




I found his photo dated 5 Nov 2011 in her FB (I am kaypoh like that). He seemed at a healthy weight. What happened in between 5 Nov 2011 and when they found him is really mind-boggling. What can a sick child do to upset a mother for her to lock the child for an extended period of time in the room with no windows, bed, toilet, food and drinks? Looking at his condition, my guess is few months- bordering to a year (s) maybe.

Guess what Oprah said is true- Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother.

I am happy you are in safe hands Faizal. The worst is over for you.  May you be happy in this life and afterlife.  Do know that you have a special place in Jannah. Ameen.

# Balqesh Abdullah



No comments: